If you are ready to take the first step in transforming your smile with dental implants, you may want to know about some of the great benefits this option offers. Below we have compiled some of the great benefits you can achieve when you choose this superior tooth replacement treatment.
Dental Implants Provide 12 Exceptional Benefits
- Restore your tooth function: Missing teeth often mean that patients have trouble chewing. Some tooth replacement options help restore basic function but end up falling short when it comes to eating your favorite foods, speaking, or smiling with confidence. Dental implants look, feel, fit, and function just like your natural teeth. And most people will not even be able to tell that they are not completely natural.
- Improve your confidence: When your smile is less-than-perfect, your self-confidence tends to dwindle. This can result in depression, embarrassment, and anxiety. Fixing your smile enhances your appearance and lets you smile once again with confidence.
- Enhance your product durability: Dental implants are made to last for many years longer than other tooth replacement options. In fact, there are thousands of patients who have enjoyed their implants for 30 or 40 years.
- Reduce your worry: When you have dentures, you tend to worry about how your teeth will look or if they will fall out while you participate in everyday activities. However, dental implants won’t fall out or come loose while talking, eating, drinking, or doing other activities.
- Improve your appearance: With missing teeth, your face can appear sunken and wrinkled. This can result in an aged appearance that makes you look much older than you really are. Dental implants can improve this problem by lifting up your face and adding fullness. This usually makes our patients look years younger!
- Improve your jawbone health: When patients are missing teeth, the jaw muscles gradually start to weaken and this causes the bone to deteriorate over time. Dental implants prevent this by replacing the missing tooth and stimulating new bone growth.
- Simplify your oral hygiene routine: Other tooth replacement options require extra oral hygiene steps or expensive cleaning products. Dental implants require no extra oral hygiene steps so patients need only brush and floss regularly for optimal oral health.
- Improve your speech: Removable dentures can cause speech impediments and get in the way of normal conversation. Alternatively, dental implants do not obstruct speech, so patients can feel free to talk, smile, or sing with confidence in your smile.
- Enhance your diet: Dentures and other options may restore your ability to chew but can sometimes be problematic when you want to eat foods like whole apples or corn on the cob. But with dental implants, there is no need to worry about eating certain foods or cutting your food into small pieces. Your implants restore a strong and natural bite so you can eat all the foods you enjoy once more.
- Protect your existing healthy teeth: Some tooth replacement options require filing down healthy teeth that are adjacent to the missing teeth. Dental implants do not require any modifications to healthy teeth. They can also reduce tooth decay by filling in spaces that would normally collect plaque and bacteria, so they can actually improve your oral health.
- Improve your overall health: Recent studies suggest that patients with poor oral health have the potential to experience poor overall health. This includes problems like osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and many other dangerous health conditions. Dental implants can improve your oral health, which can, in turn, help prevent many of the problem listed above.
- Take advantage of incredible success rates: According to most studies, dental implants have an overall success rate of approximately 95%. This means that after several decades of applications, the vast majority of dental implants first placed by oral and facial surgeons in the United States continue to function at peak performance. More importantly, the recipients of most of the early dental implants still believe they made the right choice.
Come Visit Our Office In Haworth, NJ Today
If you are ready to transform your smile today, we encourage you to pick up the phone and call our Haworth office to schedule your dental implant consultation. Call Dr. Spector at (201) 429-9758 today to schedule your consultation.